Sunday, December 7, 2008

We Wish You a Merry Christmas...

We wish you a Merry Christmas...
We wish you a Merry Christmas...
and a Happy New Year!!!

So, I am heading back to Texas tomorrow and then John joins me a week after that. I have to say...very excited to be visiting my family. Not to mention that I LOVE Christmas time. In preparation for the big visit John and I had a whirlwind weekend of Christmas shopping and light viewing last weekend. We even went to a Christmas concert put on by the church that we go to. I have to say, one of the most interesting Christmas concerts I have ever had the opportunity of going to. It was fantastic, but as John pointed out...we realized after song #2 that there was little chance of hearing the regular and beloved songs we were familiar with. While the song entitled "Away In a Manger" gave all indication of being one of the classics...not so.

When I got out our very few Christmas decorations including our little silver fiber optic Christmas tree in the picture, I was a little sad. John and I always go pick out a live tree together and then spend a day picking out the best places for our decorations and putting lights on our house. It's like a fun surprise every year to look at our wonderful ornaments that have been packed away for the year and get to pick the perfect place on the tree for them. Well, I have to say, I have a whole new appreciation for our little tree and I will never take it for granted ever again.

However, while our apartment might not be full of all of our favorite decorations, I must say that Tokyo has not been a disappointment. Christmas is everywhere. Everything is decorated, just like at home. There are all sorts of Christmas trees and light displays. One of my favorite things about Christmas is the lights. I love lights....all colors, all places, all lights and I have to say that here in Tokyo they side with me. John and I decided the best way to express our Christmas greetings to you would be to share with you some of our favorite Christmas decorations...Tokyo style.



We want to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

Until next time....Jenn & John

1 comment:

Misty said...

YAY! Have a safe trip home!