Friday, August 21, 2009

Notre Dame Football - undefeated in Japan!!!


Continuing my homework assignments...

So the weekend after we went to Seoul was American football - Notre Dame Alumni vs. the Japan National Team in the Tokyo Dome.  Notable on the ND team was Tim Rice.  Notable on the JP team were guys who play American football.  I think the ND team out-weighed the JP team on average by like 60 pounds.   They probably out-aged them by about 20 years as well... there were guys on the ND team well over 50 years old.

Unfortunately, the JP team seemed to forget this fact.  Or it could have been that they were simply intimidated by the coaching legend on the other side of the field - Lou Holtz and his national championship 22 years ago.  I have to admit that my favorite teams are the University of Texas, whoever is playing a&m and whoever is playing ND.  But having said that...
  1. Who is Charlie Weiss?  How great would ND be if they had kept Lou?
  2. ND is #1 right now... what other team is 1-0?
  3. ND fans came out of the woodwork for this game.  
  4. They trounced JP 19-3.  Don't let anybody tell you ND isn't back.
If I was going to a football game, I felt like I had to wear UT garb.  I ran into quite a few people from Texas because of it.  

All in all, a nice little slice of Americana with tastes of Japan mixed in.


No comments: