Friday, February 5, 2010

Iron Chef

So, long before we moved to Japan, John introduced (or coerced me into watching) Iron Chef. For those of you that like me, had no earthly idea what that was, it's an old school show that was on 15 or so years ago. It was a Japanese food competition show that they took and dubbed with English, which made it what it was...hilarious. Well, the premise is there were four chefs, dubbed the Iron Chefs. They had different food genres...Japanese, Chinese, French and Italian. Most all of them still have restaurants in Tokyo, so John and I have been saying that we wanted to try them. I've been to two, but last night was by far the most amazing experience. One of our friends here also has an affectation for Iron Chef as well so he organized a dinner at the Iron Chef Chinese's restaurant. His name is Chen Konnichi and the restaurant was amazing. Not only was the food spectacular, but he was actually there! We got to meet him, take our picture and watch him make one of our dishes.

Until next time...Jenn

3 comments:

tuthead said...

That's incredible that you got to meet Chen. I would love to have that opportunity some day.

For those who have not seen the original Iron Chef, I have a site that has every episode that aired on Food Network and over 30 episodes in the original Japanese language. Come check it out some time.

http://www.ironcheffans.info

Pink Ice Princess said...

How cool and I learned a lesson I didnt know there was an original Iron Chef. I had only heard of the Iron Chef America. How neat! Now I'm hungry, lol!

marcia said...

you lead a charmed, life, my dear!