Sunday, September 21, 2008

Rain, Rain...Go Away!

So, it's raining again....makes for a melancholy day I tell you. It's been raining since yesterday at this point, but even last week there was quite a bit of rain. We are in the rainy season here in Japan and from what I've been told once the rain stops fall is here and the weather is really nice (i.e., no longer a million degrees) and from my little excursion to the Don today I'd say that fall is definitely on its way.

We tried out Tokyo Baptist Church yesterday and it was really good. It was really funny because the church is like a melting pot of nationalities, which is pretty cool...then the pastor got up to give the sermon and wouldn't you know....Texas accent loud and clear. I talked to his wife and prior to Tokyo they were in Grand Prairie (near Dallas for those of you non-Texans). What are the chances? And they introduced us to a family from Austin...such a small world. Anyway, we really enjoyed that experience and the couple was nice. Well the sermon was about the husbands role in the family.....to basically treat his wife like a queen....which I agreed with wholeheartedly. John's pretty sure that we have to go back next week to make sure I understand my role!

John has another holiday tomorrow...woohoo! I like these unexpected holidays. If I'm not mistaken I think this is called Sports Day or something along those lines where physical fitness is celebrated. Pretty sure this is right up John's alley and assuming the rain subsides we will be doing something very active.

On an entertaining note, we ordered (well, tried anyway) to order pizza via the internet. We really should have called but we attempted the on-line system. Needless to say an hour later we were pretty sure that we hadn't filled out the form correctly. Might need Tai-san's help with that one....but we will prevail!

Hope that you are all doing good. My family is still without power, so your thoughts and prayers are definitely appreciated.

Until next time, Jenn

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Jenn!

Ogenkidesuka?
I'm glad you guys are having fun there.

No, it is not the rainy season there, it should be in Taihoon season now. Soon, you'll have one of the best season there, Fall!
You maybe want to go back to Nikko for fall foliage, or go west to Hakone area. Mid-Oct will be the best. Check http://www.odakyu.jp/english/freepass/hakone_01.html for the area. Although it says "Free Pass", nothing is free. I don't know why they call it "Free"!

Don't hesitate to ask me anything anytime. As you know, you don't have to stay up late to catch us in the States.

Unknown said...

Oh, one more thing.
It is the Autumnal Equinox Day - Shubun-no-hi! (long U for Shu)