Sunday, September 28, 2008

A Japanese Day - Tokyo Tower



So, we finally had a clear day that coincided with John being off of work, so we made our way to Tokyo Tower, which is right down the street from us. It's very cool and similar in looks to the Eiffel Tower, but it's orange and white and in Japan.


We went to the Main Observatory first and the views are really great, but then there is a "special observatory", which means you wait a bit longer and pay a little more money and we'll show you the real deal. That observatory was VERY good and you could see so much more.

To give you a few stats, Tokyo Tower is 50 years old, and at 333 meters (yes, you can do your own math) is the world's tallest self supporting steel tower. All in all a very cool experience.

After the tower, we went walking around and ate these really cool little pancake type things. We have no idea what they were, but they tasted really great. There were some sort of beans in them, but they were sweet. Points for us for trying new things. After that we meandered to Roppongi Hills, did a little shopping (yes, I managed to get John there) and caught this really neat drum performance by what I will have to guess was an African Tribe. Then we had a great find...a Mexican restaurant. Not so much Tex Mex, but more authentic Mexican food and it was really tasty.

That's it from our end.....I'm attaching the slideshow from the Tower visit for your viewing pleasure. And I've posted these really cool pictures that John took of me in my red shirt...he is mastering our camera!

Until next time, Jenn


3 comments:

The Spiveys said...

what an amazing view! i can't wait to see it in person. :)

btw, does John have a holiday every other day? jk!

hugs!

Unknown said...

Hi guys!

Way to go! I think you ate Imagawa-yaki. They put as much SUGER in it as weight of red beans! They have similar stuff called "Tai-yaki" but this one is shaped like a fish! No worry, it doesn't taste like fish though.

Marsa called me this morning and it seems like that I'll have another Seito for Nihongo soon!

Tai

Renner Romig said...

Man you are really making me wish I was there. With every post & all the pictures my desire grows...especially knowing there are our types of food over there! I love the pics of you in red. Tell John he is doing a great job with the pics!