Wednesday, October 1, 2008

Tomodachi, Amigas, Amie, Freund, ....simply Friends

So, I've been attending this Women's Conference called Tokyo Here and Now this week. It's hosted by the Tokyo American Club and is a three day "getting to know Tokyo" informational session. And I have some very exciting news to report.....I have found some friends.

When John and I started talking about moving to Tokyo and we decided that I wasn't going to work, making friends was a very important issue to me. Who was I going to do things with during the week while John was at work? How was I ever going to meet anyone here if I didn't have a job? It was a vicious cycle of doubt. But, thankfully I managed to meet several very nice girls at this conference and interestingly enough we all seemed to be going through the same things (i.e., it isn't as much fun exploring Tokyo by ourselves, we spend way too much time at the grocery store because (a) we don't know what anything is and (b) what else are we going to do, and our poor husbands are driving us crazy with suggestions of things that we should be doing).

One of them is from Boston, one is from Michigan, and one is from Minnesota. So, I might have some new phrases or at least new ways to say things by the next time I see you!

Until next time......Jenn

2 comments:

Misty said...

CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!

Renner Romig said...

This is great news for you! You are such a vivacious, friendly person so I had no doubts that you would make friends so easily. I loved reading your blog & watching the You Tube video about the metro...that would scare me to death!