Thursday, October 16, 2008

Icing On The Cake

I'm sad to say that I am no baking queen and therefore my attempts at baking (other than Christmas cookies) consist of some sort of boxed option or cut out cookies or something along those lines. Well, excitingly enough I brought a box of vanilla cake here with us and have been in the mood for some cupcakes. I have looked at all the stores for icing (also known as frosting) in the little Betty Crocker plastic can, to no avail. They have the boxed cake mix and cake decorations everywhere, but they clearly assume that real women chose to make their own icing.

So, if anyone happens to have an "easy" icing idea please pass it along. I now have sad little cupcakes with no "sparkle" so to speak. But at least I did a little baking...points for me!

That's about it from Tokyo, until next time....

Jenn

1 comment:

Misty said...

http://www.easy-kids-recipes.com/homemade-icing.html

Yes, I know it says "easy kids recipes"... take no offense... I am a buy it from the store gal, too.