Sunday, October 19, 2008

A Japanese Experience...Karaoke


John and I started the weekend off with the Run for the Cure, which for me was a 5K run and for John a 10K (of course he had to go the distance - ha). It was really great to see everyone take part in such an important cause. There was a large PwC contingent participating, so I got to meet several new people that John knows from work.
It was a gorgeous day...blue skies and breezy weather. The run as I mentioned before was around the Imperial Palace, which is a bit of a hard course because it gets narrow a few times and then also goes uphill for a while, but the scenery couldn't be more beautiful. I so wish that we could have taken pictures of being at the race, but since we were both running we didn't want to carry the camera. As you can see...we were pretty scary looking afterwards, but a great way to start our day.

That night we had plans to go to eat with our new friends that I met at my women's conference and were on for karaoke....which of course called for another Jenn to John heart to heart:

Jenn (imagine a very smiley happy face with loads of extra enthusiasm): Hey honey, guess what, the girls were thinking of us all going to karaoke after dinner. Doesn't that sound great...what do you think?
John: I'm not going.
Jenn: Why not...we have to go at some point...we're in Japan, the land of karaoke. This will be perfect, checking it out with friends.
John: I do not sing.
Jenn: I know, but no one can sing. You don't even have to sing, you can just make fun of the rest of us.

After much more cajoling and wearing him down, we ended up going and had the BEST time! For those of you that might not know, in Japan you get a group of friends together and go rent a private karaoke room where you can just be silly with the people you know. It was awesome! The best was the room next to ours...there was a couple inside and the lady was calmly eating dinner while the gentleman had full charge of the microphone singing it up. It's a whole different ballgame here.

I hope that your weekend was as much fun as ours. Here are a few more pictures of our dinner and karaoke experience. One very fabulous girlie thing to note is that here in Tokyo, when John and I go out to eat, the waitress or waiter always brings up an extra chair for my purse. It's awesome! So, you'll see in the slide show, but at this restaurant, we all set down and they brought little stools for our purses...it was too funny!


Until next time....Jenn

2 comments:

Pink Ice Princess said...

how interesting, my boyfriend would love that he is a karoke-aholic, lol! If I tell him aobut the private rooms he would be dying to go to Japan just for that, lol.

Emily said...

I had to comment on a couple things...I love the purse :) And good shirt Mr. Stanley!