Sunday, November 9, 2008

My 4 Year Old....Otherwise Known as John

So, I have to say that my husband keeps me constantly entertained and that's an understatement. Today we discovered the beauty of grocery delivery. Usually, I tell myself that my arms can use the workout and the mile or so walk home with a loaded down grocery bag on each arm isn't too bad, today I found out just how much I was kidding myself.

First, just so you can capture my full excitement let me give you an idea of my grocery shopping experience. As John and I have both mentioned before there is a store called Don Quixote like two blocks or so away from our apartment. Inside is an impressive bevy of offerings from certain grocery items, to beauty products, electronics, and even "costumes for the most creative and discriminating individuals that come with shall we say instructional videos". This is where I go for some of our staples....bread, milk, eggs, snacks, cleaning supplies. However, when meat is on your menu or pictures simply won't help you out in knowing whether or not you've gotten the right ingredient, I go to the international grocery store. I had such a trip last week and I just had a moment....like this amazing desire to get salad dressing despite not planning on making salad just so that we have it. But you can't do that when you live live without a car and walking uphill home must be taken into consideration when deciding whether or not you really need that extra item. I have to say that while the prices are high, they are not the main prohibiting factor to my shopping habits, weight is.

All that being said, we trekked to the store and signed right up for delivery. If you spend enough money it's free...yippie. So we spent an insane amount of money, but I was so excited to be able to buy whatever I felt like and know that it'll get to my apartment without my arms in pain by the time I got there. The groceries arrive shortly thereafter and guess what...to keep our cold items cold, they put dry ice in little baggies...I cannot tell you how excited my husband was about this. He immediately goes to the sink, puts the ice in a cup and adds the water and voila...smoky greatness. As you can see, he was thoroughly entertained and let's face it...so was I.

Until next time...Jenn

1 comment:

JMS said...

Oh John... this story totally cracked me up. Jenn - you would be so bored without a hubby like this! :)