Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A Little Thank You

I just wanted to send a little thank you shout out to everyone who passed along their good wishes on my birthday.  It was really a great day!

My mom's oldest friend, Susan, instituted a "birthday week" many years ago and my mom has finally gotten my dad to buy into it in the past few years.  I am pretty philosophical and know that it is WAY too early in our marriage to attempt the birthday weekend directive.  However, I feel like I'm getting one this year.  Before coming back my family had a little b-day celebration for us.  And on my actual birthday I have to say John did an amazing job....Happy Birthday signs when I woke up and balloons all over the floor.  Not to mention breakfast and dinner and very thoughtful presents.  It was just really special.  

And all the fun birthday shout outs were too much fun and the sweet calls and emails were just what I needed after getting back to Tokyo!  

Until next time...Jenn

6 comments:

Misty said...

HAPPY BELATED!!!

Miss Priss said...

So, what did you get? Who's house is that in the picture? If it's your parents house, did they remodel?

Jennifer said...

No, it's Josh's apartment. I got some fun stuff...books, jewelry, and the whole band for Guitar Hero....back to being a kid again.

Miss Priss said...

Very good! Speaking of being a kid....I was in the attic yesterday and found a rubbermaid with ALL of my NKOTB stuff! Brought back some memories...found letters from you too....:) We used to be so silly :)

Renner Romig said...

I am so bad. I am so sorry I didn't e-mail you earlier. I always remember your birthday because it's shared with my parents' wedding anniversary. Happy Birthday to you!!! I'm so glad you were able to be home with family. Wish I could have seen you. Hopefully next trip we can meet up!

Emily said...

Happy Belated Birthday!! PS - One of my goals this week is to complete the Draft :)