Monday, January 5, 2009

A Wii little Christmas had We

Ah, an end to the radio silence.....so, John and I made it back to Tokyo yesterday after 3 weeks for me and 2 for him at home. It was so nice seeing family and friends you can't imagine. Not to mention how easy everything seemed since people everywhere understood what we said.

We rolled in last night around 7:00pm after carrying what had to have been several hundred pounds of luggage uphill to our apartment. Ah, the bliss of city life sans car. The effects of my workout hiatus were rearing their ugly heads as I was sore this morning. Note to self...might need to kick up that workout resolution to more than three times a week.

Of course, despite getting a little sleep on the plane and trying to go to bed as late as possible, we were still both up at 5:30am wide awake and raring to go, which is not my normal by the way. Ever since my status was changed to "kept woman", I am not an early riser by any means. So with all this extra time added to my day, let's just say I have been a busy bee. After John headed out to work I've managed to unpack our goodies from Christmas, take down the Christmas decorations, put up a few Valentine's decorations, do all the laundry, clean the entire apartment, write thank you notes for my gifts, organize my book shelves, rearrange my closet a bit, download some new CDs onto iTunes (I am now the proud owner of the 16 greatest John Denver hits as well as some popular Irish pub tunes), and hit the Don for a few staple grocery items. Whew, I'm tired just repeating it all. Needless to say I'm currently exhausted and it's only 4:30pm. AND there are strange sounds coming from my washing machine, which I'll worry about later.

So, Santa was very good to us this Christmas and we came home with all sorts of fun new things. The one that makes me laugh though is the Wii. After my 9 year old cousin got one last year, my mom decided that we needed one too. So, when she decided that John needed one this year I mentioned it to John and it went a little like this....

Jenn: What do you think about a Wii?
John: We won't ever use that....don't want one, waste of money
Jenn: But I heard that Guitar Hero was so much fun
John: Oh, and I definitely wouldn't want that...I would NEVER play it

So, despite his forewarning, John got a Wii and I got him Guitar Hero World Tour as a present. His reaction was favorable, but we are with my parents and what is he going to say. Let's just say a week later when we are at his parents house I find him in the living room, no lights while the rest of us are watching TV and he is practicing his guitar hero!!!!

I hope that you all had a fabulous Christmas and New Years too!!!


Until next time...Jenn

1 comment:

cbs2528 said...

It was great seeing you guys, sorry we did not get to do a real dinner. Does that mean it is our turn to visit you?!

Please post more pics of Christmas sweater John playing Wii.