Monday, August 25, 2008

Haines Her Way

Ahoy Mates,

So today was the lovely town of Haines, Alaska. Gotta say, not much to the town at all...no jewelry stores on every corner and traditional gift shops filled with meaningless souveneirs. Oh no, there were a very small handful of stores period, which is fine, but there wasn't much else to do to make up for it.

We did embark on a Eagle River Adventure, which was pretty cool. We spotted 3 bald eagles, but were denied the sighting of the moose. It is a very pretty place, very rugged and lusiously green. Makes you really just sit back in wonder how there could still be places in the US that aren't overwhelmed by concrete and steel.

My dad was nice enough to donate to me another patch for the motion sickness. And while I haven't been terribly nauseous, I have had totally "fuzzy" head today. I think that the cruise scene just may not suit me. I've said that before, but I think I might be sticking to my guns with the no more cruise rule. If I didn't feel slightly unwell all of the time it would be a lovely vacation option.

Nothing too terribly exciting to report otherwise. We had to Juneau tomorrow and that is supposed to be covered with the every familiar jewelry stores and gift shops with T-shirts and everything else under the sun that says ALASKA. Hopefully my tomorrow the fuzz head will have worn off and I can enjoy our adventures. All I know is that my time it's only 8:00pm and I am seriously considering going to bed. These older folks can really party...ha!

No comments: