Sunday, August 24, 2008

Keitch me if you can.....

Okay, so today we went to Keitchitan (no idea if that is the correct spelling or not). It was so nice to get off the rocky boat, but I have to say even after getting off my sea legs were in full force and I still felt like I was on the ship the entire time we were off.

We started the day early with a floatplane tour of the Misty Fjords which is in one of the National Parks.....it was awesome. So the pilot even lands the plane in the middle of all these moutain areas covered in trees and we got out to step on the floats and take pictures. At first I thought he was crazy and one misstep and you'll have hyperthermia, but we did it anyway and got some great shots. It was just too cool.

Then as anyone that's been a cruise (or to any tourist destination for that matter)the remainder of our time was spent shopping for stuff that says Alaska on it. I managed to find a cap to conceal my wet dog look as it drizzled rain the entire time we were here.

Not too much else to report from here. Once we got back to the boat we made our way to the Bingo game....and you'll never believe. There weren't enough people interested for the Bingo game....how insane is that? This is a cruise filled with "mature" adults and not enough Bingo interest....I didn't realize this was even possible!

Tomorrow we are heading to Haines, which should be fun. We are going on a Eagle Preserve River Adventure and my motion sickness patch runs out today, so we'll see how I do.

I hope all is well.

Jenn

No comments: