Tuesday, August 19, 2008

Konnichiwa y'all

Just wanted to post a quick note to let everyone that I made it yesterday with no problems. I'll post more on the journey later, but I have a full day of various government-related administrative tasks like alien registration, re-entry permit (even though we have work visas, we have to get permits to come and go), and open some bank accounts. Then I get to wait for the internet guy to come hook that up at the apartment - It will be interesting to compare this to the typical cable/satellite/telephone installation back in the states.

So I'll post more later.

jrs

3 comments:

marcia said...

glad you made it safely, john!

Unknown said...

John-san, I'm glad you made it there in one piece! Have you used any Nihongo yet?
Tai

cbs2528 said...

so you are saying you don't want to run this weekend?! Seriously, moving to Japan just to avoid training with me is awfully extreme!